Join us for HornFest 2015 on April 19, 2015 in the Walsh Performing Arts Center at TCU. This year’s event will feature Michelle Baker of the Metropolitan Opera horn section along with appearances by DFW and Oklahoma professional hornists and teachers, The TCU Horn Ensemble, and YOU!
Register Online TODAY
- Michelle Baker
- The TCU Horn Ensemble
- Decadence +1 Horn Ensemble
- Mass HornFest Choir
All horn participants may perform with the HornFest Mass Choir.
- Houghton Horns
- TrumCor Mutes
- TCU School of Music
- BrownWood Publishing
- KFS Publishing
- Live It Again Productions
High School Solo Competition Rules
Each soloist must be currently enrolled in high school, registered for HornFest and the competition, and no older than 18 years of age on April 19, 2015. Solos must be a Class 1 from the UIL/PML. You must be accompanied if your piece calls for piano. You may bring your own accompanist or you may select to have our TCU HornFest pianist, Edward Newman, accompany you for an additional $10 fee. You must register and upload pdfs of both the horn and piano part with your application no later than 4/10/15. The winning solo performer will receive gift certificates to shop the exhibit booths and a spot in the master class with Michelle Baker at 2pm.
Schedule of Events
- 9:00am – Check-in for competition participants begins in the Ed Landreth Auditorium Lobby
- 9:30am – High School Horn Solo Competition begins in Ed Landreth Auditorium
- 12pm – Exhibits will open and Lunch on your own
- SOLO Competition winner announced in Ed Landreth Lobby
- 1pm – Participant Ensemble Showcase in PepsiCo
- Performing groups will be able to warmup in Choir Room, room 132 and 113, outside, and band hall if needed.
- 2pm – MasterClass with Michelle featuring the winner of the high school solo competition in PepsiCo Recital Hall
- 2:30pm – Musings with Michelle an informal discussion about music, horn playing, career goals, and more
- 3:15pm – Mass Horn Choir Rehearsal PepsiCo Recital Hall
- Those wishing to perform in the Mass Horn Choir at the 5pm concert must attend this rehearsal. Just bring your horn and mouthpiece. All ages welcome!
- 4pm – Shop the EXHIBITS and PIZZA! Band Hall
- 5pm – FINALE CONCERT with Michelle Baker, accompanied by Janet Pummill, the TCU Horn Ensemble, Decadence +1, and TCU HornFest Mass Horn Choir in PepsiCo Recital Hall
- THE FINALE CONCERT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. The event should conclude by 6:30PM so that you can get home at a reasonable hour on a “school night”!
Register Online NOW
***All events held in the Walsh Performing Arts Center at corner of West Cantey and South University Drive. Parking in the UCC Lot at West Cantey and Rogers.
***This is NOT the same location as 2014 HornFest!